Adjustments allow a user to create account-specific rate adjustment policies. An Adjustment policy supports applying a discount or a premium using one of these modifiers:
- 1.a certain amount of money (i.e. $ 100)
- 2.a certain quantity (i.e. 100 GB/hours)
- 3.a percentage (i.e. 10%)
This Adjustment can then be applied to a single service, multiple different services, or one or more service categories.
To create a new Adjustment policy for an account, follow these steps:
- 1.From the menu on the left, select Services > Adjustments
- 2.Then select the Account from the list of accounts for which you want to create an adjustment policy
- 3.After selecting the account, click Add Policy, and provide a meaningful name for your policy in the right screen where it says Adjustment name
- 4.Provide the Start date, by selecting the initial month when this adjustment policy is applied.
- 5.Provide the End date, by selecting the month when this adjustment policy will be discontinued. This is optional since an adjustment policy can be applied permanently.
- 6.Select which Service or Service Category this policy is applied to. You can select multiple using the check-boxes that are provided. It is also possible to select all available service categories, which effectively applies the discount to all possible services.
- 7.Select a Type for this adjustment. This can be either a Discount or a Premium
- 8.Select the Target, meaning: is this Adjustment targeting the total Charge or the total Quantity of the selected service(s)?
- 9.Select the Difference setting, to indicate an Absolute value (i.e. 100 units, or 100 dollars) or a Relative value (such as 10%)
- 10.Lastly, provide the Adjustment value. In the example shown in the image above, there is a value of '10' provided in the Amount field, which will adjust the total charge with -10% given the provided parameters.
- 11.When you're done, click the Add Policy button. Your changes are now applied to all charge-related reports.