Exivity allows you to configure a number of system variables easily, such as:
- custom logo, branding and color schema
- currency and decimal values
- date format
- fiscal year
- custom CSS
To change these and other settings, follow the instructions provided in this document.
To access the Settings menu, navigate to Administration > Settings:
The Settings menu
To change country-specific formatting or decimal rounding, use the Administration > Settings menu and select the Formatting tab:
The following changes to the formatting can be done:
- 1.Change the system-wide Currency settings
- 2.Configure comma or dot value for the decimal separator
- 3.If you want to configure a thousand separator, you can choose between a comma, dot, and space
- 4.Rate precision refers to the number of decimal values shown on reports for the (average) rate value
- 5.The Report precision can be changed to limit the number of decimal values shown on non-invoice reports
- 6.The Invoice precision can be changed to limit the number of decimal values shown on invoice cost reports
- 7.The quantity decimal values can be limited using Quantity precision
- 8.To apply a system-wide date format, choose your preferred date format from the Date format drop-down list
To change reporting settings, such as the address lines and logo on your invoice report, use the Administration > Settings menu, and select the Reporting tab:
The following changes to the reporting configuration can be done:
- 1.Use the Address lines text field to provide a custom address which will be shown on the textual invoice cost reports.
- 2.To change the Logo that will be shown on the right hand side of your invoice cost report, use Plus icon to browse and select your custom logo.
- 3.A custom footer text can be added to your invoice report using the text field next to Footer
- 4.To change the description for minimum commitments, modify the text next to the Minimum commit line, but make sure to include the
- 5.If you have a non-standard fiscal year start, you may change the Reporting start month using the provided drop-down list.
- 6.Use the Update button to apply your changes.
Exivity can periodically report anonymous usage statistics and error metrics to improve our product. This is only used for product development purposes, we never collect or use any personal data.
This change this, use the Administration > Settings menu, and select the Reporting tab.
Untick these checkboxes and click the Update button to opt out on usage statistics and error metrics reporting.
Exivity allows you to send out e-mail messages for certain tasks. This can be used for resetting user account passwords and sending out events such as failing workflows. To enable this functionality it is required to configure an SMTP server. This can be done using the following procedure:
Configuring an SMTP e-mail server
- Navigate to: Administration > System > Environment
- Ensure to fill in your SMTP server details as shown in the above image
- Click the Update button to save your changes
- If you now log out and try to login again, you will notice a "Reset Password" link. This can be used by all of your users, as long as a valid e-mail address has been associated to each user account
The config.json file
The default contents of this file should look like this:
When logging in, users have the option to change the API domain by clicking the
Change domain when logging in
In order to specify a default for all users, edit the
config.jsonfile and add your default domain as the
- "apiHost": null
+ "apiHost": "https://example.com"
With every new release, new features are added to our product and some of them are released first into Beta mode.
To enable Beta features:
- 1.Go to Administration > Settings > System
- 2.Unfold the Development section by clicking the arrow on the right side of the screen.
- 3.Tick the Enabled box next to Beta features.
Enable Beta features
4. Make sure to click Update to apply your changes.