The Data pipelines menu allows an admin of the Exivity solution to manage USE 'Extractors'. USE has its own language reference, which is fully covered in a separate chapter of this documentation.
To create a new USE Extractor, follow these steps:
- 1.From the menu on the left, select Data pipelines > Extractors
- 2.To create a new USE Extractor click the Create extractor button
- 3.When your Exivity instance has access to the Internet, it will pull in the latest set of Extraction Templates from our Github account. These templates are then presented to you, and you can pick one from the list to start Extracting. If you don't have access to the internet, you can download them directly from Github. You are also free to start creating your own Extractor from scratch.
- 4.Provide a meaningful name for your USE Extractor. In the above example, we're creating a USE Extractor for VMware vCenter 6.5 and higher. Therefore we call this USE Extractor: 'vCenter 6.5'
- 5.When you're done creating your USE Extractor, click the Create at the bottom of the screen
When you want to change or delete an existing USE Extractor, first select one from the list of USE Extractors that you want to change:
- 1.After you select your USE Extractor, you can change its variable values at the Variables tab.
- 2.At the Editor tab you can make more advanced changes or delete the original USE script Such as:
- changing existing API calls
- changing the csv output format
Don't forget to save any changes with the "SAVE" button.
Run USE Extractors
- 1.After you have selected the USE Extractor that you would like to run, click on the Run tab next to the Editor tab
- 2.Most Extractors require one or more parameters, usually in a date format such as 20171231. In this example, the USE Extractor requires two parameters: a from and to date
- 3.When you've provided the required run parameters, click Run Now to execute the USE Extractor. After the USE Extractor has completed running, you will receive some success or failed message, after which you might need to make additional changes to your USE Extractor
- 4.Once you're happy with your output, you can schedule the USE Extractor via the Schedule tab, which is located next to the Run tab at the top of the screen.
- 5.USE Extractors can be scheduled to run once a day at a specific time. Also, you should provide a from and (optionally) to date, which are provided by using an offset value. For example, if you want to use the day before yesterday as a from date, you should use the down-pointing arrows on the right, to select a value of -2. If the to date should always correspond with yesterday's date, you should provide a value there of -1.
- 6.If your Use Extractor requires additional parameters, you may provide these as well in the Schedule with these arguments text field.
- 7.When you're done with the schedule configuration, you may click the Schedule button. In case you want to change or remove this schedule afterwards, click the Unschedule button.
As of version 1.6, it is recommended to use the Workflow function instead of the Extractor schedule